Saturday, May 22, 2010

Maple Bacon Pancake

Saturday mornings, as much as we (me and my husband) would like to sleep, it just doesnt happen, due to various reasons...either the guy who washes our car would ring the bell at 6am, or someone else would, or my son would get up early make us both get up....so much for the yearning to sleep for another minute. Elijah did wake up early. He was so hungry, that I had to make my mind quick before the ranting starts. I wasn't sure what to make, then mum's email on this recipe was just there, a forced flicker of the bulb in my head and pronto I'm all set to cook breakfast...


Ingredients:
Bacon - 4oz
Pancake Mix - 1cup (you could use the ready made Betty Crocker Pancake Mix)
Cheddar cheese - 1 cup grated
Milk - 1/2cup
Maple Syrup -1/4cup
Sugar - 2tbs
Eggs - 2

Cook the bacon over medium heat until browned. Drain and crumble set aside. Grease a pie dish with butter/ oil. Into a large bowl beat together 3/4cup of cheddar cheese, , pancake mix, milk, maple syrup, eggs until almost all the lumps of cheese are well incorporated. Bake in a preheated oven  of 170 C for 10-15minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes clean. Sprinkle bacon and remaining 1/2cup cheese on top of the pancake and bake until cheese melts, for about 3-5minutes. Serve warm.

2 comments:

  1. Did Elijah wait for breakfast to be ready :) look yuuumm...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time in my space. Would love to hear your reviews and comments!

Love,
Ally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...