Sunday, May 15, 2011

Chocolate Banana Loaf for the Lil Get-together

I get an sms from Prerna, the following day after my birthday
"Are you at home tomorrow @5:30pm?"
I sms back saying "Yes I am, wassup?"
Prerna's sms reads "V are all coming tomorrow"

Surely enough, I knew the 'v' (we) meant much more than just her and her little son. The 'we' meant, Asma and her two daughters Rafa and Sidra, Sunehra with adorable Dhruv (my son calls him Dhrufee), Soumya with her little Princess Avni (my son is her Prince), Megha with her lil one Anya, Priyanka with adorable baby Hridaan. And of course, the sms sender Prerna, sadly her son Veer was asleep.
So with cups of coffee and slices of cakes, there was singing and chatting and lots more merry making.
The good thing from it all for me was that I was in the company of women who understand, women who are humbly grounded and women who are there to give you a shoulder hug when you need one......


Ingedients:
Butter - 1/2cup softened
Brown sugar - 1 1/3cup
Bananas - 3
Eggs - 2
All purpose flour - 2cups
Bicarbonate of Soda - 1tsp
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - 1tbsp
All spice - 1tsp
Yogurt - 1/3cup
Chocolate Chips - 85gms

Grease a 9 x 5 x 3inch loaf pan. Preheat the oven to 180C. Put the butter, sugar and eggs into a bowl and beat well. Peel and mash the bananas, then add to the mixture. Stir it well. Sift the flour, soda, all spice, cocoa powder into a separate bowl and then add the banana mixture to it. Stir in the yogurt and chocolate chips. Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and level the surface. Bake for an hour until done. Cut into thick slices and serve warm.




My gift from them are these precious pair of earrings, which I simply loved. Thank YOU Girls!!

4 comments:

  1. Cake looks simply delicious and tempting. Clicks look great as well .

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwwww, those ear rings are infact soooooooo cute. Delicious looking cake dear, glad you had so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried it & it turned awesome .. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time in my space. Would love to hear your reviews and comments!

Love,
Ally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...