Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Coconut Crisps


It's one of those days when you want to bake, yet bake without a hassle, not to much to do...kind of like a lazy bake mood....and this biscuit recipe is bang on....

Ingredients:
Egg white - 1
Castor Sugar - 50gms
Desiccated coconut - 100gms
Few Glaced cherries, sliced

Whisk the egg white until stiff, gradually whisk in the sugar until all is mixed and the mixture is thick and glossy. Stir in the coconut to give it a stiff mixture. Using wet hands shape into 12 balls about the size of walnuts and place onto greased baking tray. Bake in a moderate oven of 160C for 15-20minutes until golden colour and firm to touch. Remove and cool on a wire try, decorate with a slice of glace cherry.

5 comments:

  1. Coconut cookies are my favorites...like this version without any flour...

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL cookies , Ally! You had my mind running over the things I have in my pantry. SOrry, no glaced cherries :-(

    I love those multi coloured sugar cubes you have in that mug :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done it so well :) Clicks are appetizing :) keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have bookmarked a similar kind of recipe since forever!!Love the flavor of coconut in my cookies and this recipe really seems perfect for that lazy bake mode!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ally, for participating in DMBLGIT, Sept., 2010 edition and wishing you luck for the contest.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time in my space. Would love to hear your reviews and comments!

Love,
Ally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...