Sunday, September 5, 2010

Coffee Walnut Ring

How often do you simply smile at the sweet moments you may have had, those little thrills, quixotic moments maybe?, a sense of achievement at doing something noble for a cause, a person, maybe a situation - simply inexplainable..well this was one of my moments of joy. And sometimes you cannot contain it within yourself, so I just put to baking for the day!!



Ingredients:
Plain flour - 175gms
Butter - 175gms
Castor Sugar - 175gms
Eggs - 3
Baking Powder - 1tbs
Coffee Extract - 1tsp
Walnuts - 70gms chopped roughly
Maple Syrup - 4tbs


Sieve the flour and baking powder and keep aside. Cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy and add in the eggs one by one, and then the coffee and extract and beat well. Add in the sifted flour little by little and continue to beat well. Stir in the chopped walnuts. Spoon the mixture into a greased 10inch ring tin. Smoothen the top with a palette knife. Bake in a preheated oven for 40-50minutes at 160C. Leave to cool in the tin for 10minutes, then turn out onto wire rack to finish off cooling. While the cake is still warm, spoon in half of the maple syrup. Once completely cool, drizzle rest of the maple syrup.


5 comments:

  1. Another one from the book is it...you are tempting me so much Ally,I am yet to try the Marble Cake--this one has been on my mind ever since I got my own Bundt Pan.I am so happy you are using the book to the fullest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baking is THE thing I do when I feel happy or low or just to escape from things:-)) Yummy,double yumm!! Walnut and coffee is a heavenly combo and this looks just too good Ally...!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is marked for my next baking adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made the cake & t'was lovely! do u use the pancake syrup?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time in my space. Would love to hear your reviews and comments!

Love,
Ally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...