Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Trader Vic's Mai Tai Lounge ~ New Menu Review

My day began with the Monday blues and to hit the blue show on the road, I went to Trader Vic's Mai Tai Lounge to review their latest Menu additions. Mai Tai is a fine place to dine, its a perfect getaway during the weekdays and more so on the weekends. Located by the lake at Bangalore's newest lifestyle mall -The Brigade Orion Mall, Mai Tai sets itself apart from other lounges in the city. So for my Monday afternoon, this was the just the place I needed to be.

The menu hosts some interesting dishes 'From the Wok'  such as the Mango Chili Tenderloin, Sweet and Sour Chicken, Kung Pao Chicken,  Bbq Vegetables and Tofu, Thai Red and Green Curries, Noodles and Fried Rice. The other new section which is New is 'From the Grill'  and  I chose the grill over the wok, my decision was bound. The menu has been expanded on requests made by loyal customers, is what I was told on my little chit chat with Mr. Priyank Chouhan the Area Manager for South India and Mr. Gautam Yadav the General Manager for Mai Tai Lounge. Mr. Priyank mentioned "that when customers go through the menu they look for something they are used to, thus there was a need created to expand and do a little tweaking so that we give what customers look for".  

My de'jeuner started off with an absolutely refreshing drink the Queen Charlotte Fruit Punch, a luscious fruit drink, highly recommended for non-alcoholic drinkers for an afternoon for the rush of the fruit and the fizz that's in it.


Along with my drink I was served the appetizers such as the Huli Huli Chicken, a Hawaiian preparation of succulent morsels of chicken with a tangy flavor skewered and grilled to perfection. You'd get a sweet, tangy  and a slightly spicy note at the end of it along with crunch note from the grilled green pepper which  just makes it even more desirable by the bite.

Huli Huli Chicken
Next up was the Cilantro and Scallion Prawns which was tinged with the charcoal taste, the prawns were moist with the right amount of cilantro and scallions paste coming through and served alongside a wasabi mayo dip. I rate this dish as mediocre especially because my mind was biased on the chicken I tasted.

Cilantro and Scallion Prawns

Another memorable appetizer was the Island Corn Cakes, again bite sized corn cakes served on a piece of buttered toast. The corn cakes are creamy with the sweetness of the corn kernels against the much need crunch of the toast. Another appetizer were you couldn't stop at one!.

Island Corn Cakes
For the mains, by far the best I have had was the Senor Pico Chicken which was a boneless piece of chicken served with some good mashed potatoes on a fiery pepper coulis with a corn salsa. All in all I'd give the dish a 10/10. The condiments were just right on the plate against a good portion of the chicken.

Senor Pico Chicken
 And to end my lunch affair, I had the Coffee Creme Brulee, the flavor was bang on, but would have loved a bit more crack to the sugar. But seriously, it really didn't matter,the bitterness of the sugar and the coffee creaminess beneath, and being the coffee lover that I am, anything with coffee is fine by me. And that ended my afternoon by the poolside at Mai Tai, but I'll be back for more especially to check out more 'From the Grill'.

Coffee Creme Brulee
Mai Tai Lounge is open on all the days of the week from 11am to 11:30pm

Happy Hours: 4pm to 7pm 

Trader Vic's Mai Tai Lounge
Upper Ground Floor, Orion Mall, Brigade Gateway,
Dr. Rajkumar Road, Near Yeshwantpur, Malleshwaram,
Bangalore


Tel: 080 22682037, 080 22682038

Parking Available at Orion Mall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time in my space. Would love to hear your reviews and comments!

Love,
Ally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...