Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fiery Chicken

Forever I'm in a frenzy, a zillion list of things to do, places to be, people to call etc etc. I'm always short of time, because I have an active toddler who keeps me on my toes. I had to cook up something real fast so that I'm done for the day and tend to all my other chores and plus do my son's homework. A two year old with homework?? just picture sticking that's all!
My mom gifted me this book written by a family friend on Classic Recipes of Kerala - A series of 5 books. I never got to personally thank Ramani Aunty for her culmination of recipes. This is also my entry to this month's Think Spice - Think Turmeric event hosted by Sudeshna.


Ingredients:
Chicken - 1kg cut into medium pieces
Onion - 2 finely sliced
Ginger - 2inch piece sliced and cut into strips
Garlic - 4-5 pods sliced
Peppercorns - 10-12 crushed
Dry red chillies - 5-6 broken into pieces
Cinnamon - 1 stick
Cloves - 3-4
Cardamom - 2
Black Cardamom - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1/2tsp
Salt to taste
Curry leaves
Water - 1/2cup

Into a non-stick pan, combine the powders with the chicken pieces and water. Cover and cook for 20minutes on high flame and 5 minutes on low flame till the chicken is coated with the masala and the chicken is done. In the meantime, saute the onions till evenly browned, fry the curry leaves too. Fry the cooked chicken till it is browned on all sides. And voila!! you have a quick saute ready!


4 comments:

  1. Yummy chicken..
    Love to grab it now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Ally for the comment..I am not working right now,and my house is like a hang out place for our cousins...So i always try to make new new things..
    :)..
    I know how difficult it is to manage both..i was in B'lore for sometime working With Pantaloons in HR in 2008..that was before my wedding and i never thought I would be a cook blog owner now..hahhaha...
    r u working??

    ReplyDelete
  3. with the combination of red chillies and peppercorn, this sure must be fiery! delicious sauté!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time in my space. Would love to hear your reviews and comments!

Love,
Ally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...