Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tea time with Apple Muffins

My kitchen renovation started on Sunday, and I'm patiently waiting for that 'ultimate look'. So before the drilling, rumbling and complete demolition of my existing kitchen started, I wanted to stock my fridge with something light, compact and healthy. Something we would still be able to binge on.....



Ingredients:
[Makes about 18 muffins]
Green Apple - 1 medium size
Butter - 4tbs
Self Raising flour - 3cups
Caster Sugar - 1 cup
Egg - 1 lightly beaten
Milk - 1 cup

Peel and quarter the apple. Remove the core and and dice the apple into cubes. Sift the flour and into a mixing bowl combine butter, sugar and apple. Stir until all is mixed well. Then make a hole in the center and add the beaten egg, milk all at once. Mix well. Careful not to over beat. Spoon the mixture two thirds full into greased muffin tin and bake for 15-20minutes into a preheated oven of 180 C. Serve warm with butter or strawberry jam.

5 comments:

  1. you have great courage baking while the kitchen renovation is going on!! apple muffins, great choice for a healthy and light tea time but I 'll enjoy that for the breakfast too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cudnt help it Akal, the outside food is sometimes too upsetting when yu have it for 5 days in a row, that too all three meals including tea/ coffee....i had to stock my fridge with something..that too i wanted to whip up something light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. d pic looks mouthwatering except that i am phobic to milk cream(that forms when milk/milk products turn cold)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saritha:
    I am too, i made the tea and took it out to the balcony for my photograph setting and it turned cold....argh!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time in my space. Would love to hear your reviews and comments!

Love,
Ally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...